Lesley McKeown - Jewelry Gallery

Born in Kansas City not long after both my parents graduated from KC Art Institute, I was exposed to art and design at an early age. It was this nurturing environment that enabled me to recognize my intuitive abilities and eventually express my creative proclivities. It was after a short stint as an apprentice with a silversmith that I became smitten with the medium and the sculptural possibilities of metal. Primarily self- taught my approach is straightforward, exploring forms and techniques, using only essential details in search of a simplicity that balances the idiosyncrasies of nature with the clean rhythms of Modernism.

As an American studio jeweler for 29 years my focus has evolved to include the importance of educating people to the importance of art in our lives. We have a responsibility to teach excellence regardless of medium or price.

photographs by Lesley Mckeown

Lesleyainemckeown.com

1 Like

“Segregation” Sterling silver fabricated hollow form with 24kt gold keumboo and Fuax bone.

“Vulcan Bracelet” Etched bronze, copper and German silver. Anticlastic raised bronze bracelet, cold connected.

1 Like

Miro Pendant

Materials: Sterling silver, 24kt gold keumboo, cultured opal and Tibetan turquoise.
Dimensions: 1.75" x 2" …25"

I was inspired by the depth and color of these cultured opals.
Set in sterling silver with fused constructed silver design accent and 24kt gold keumboo.

Photo credit: lamckeown

Sonoran Desert

Materials: Copper, Bronze, German Silver, fine silver and agate
Dimensions: 2" x 2" x .50"

Hand drawn designs are then etched into mixed metal construction. Cold connected with copper and fine silver rivets. Bezel set Coyamito Agate.

Photo credit: lamckeown

1 Like

Ocean Jasper & Coral Pendant

Materials: Sterling silver,
Dimensions: 3" x 1.75"

Ocean Jasper set in sterling silver. Italian salmon branch coral.

Photo credit: lamkeown