Kuo-Jen Chen - Jewelry Gallery

Taipei, Taiwan

The natural richness of the nature reminds us that the vastness of the world in which we live transcends the human imagination, just as English poet William Blake once wrote "to see a heaven in a wild flower". Through the 100 works on display at the "Floral Tranquility 2011" exhibition I search for my own interpretations of flower shapes and vases against an abstract landscape, in the hope of finding the perfect match between human sentiment and nature, an aesthetic that is at once both self demonstrating joy, pleasure and amusement. At the same time, this work also seeks to realize a creative philosophy based on "a natural sense of being at ease" as observed and experienced by the individual.

Current Positions
Associate Professor & Chairman of Department of Applied Arts, Fu Jen Catholic University, Taiwan

Education
PhD candidate, The research Institute of Applied Arts, National Chiao Tung University,Taiwan
P.E.P, Goldsmithing, Silversmithing, Jewelry and Metalwork, Royal College of Arts, U.K.
MA,Jewellery design, The University of Central England in Birmingham, U.K.
BA, Metalwork, Department of Applied Arts, Fu Jen Catholic University, Taiwan

Materials: 925 silver, lacquer, resin, rosewood Dimensions: 80mm x 40mm x 20mm

Flowers are one way in which I get closer to nature, utilizing artistic forms, depiction and reinterpretation to locate infinite knowledge.

Photo credit: Merlin Lin

Forest # 1

Materials: 18k gold, ametrine, diamonds
Dimensions: 25 × 18 × 31mm

Common cosmos

Materials: 925 silver, lacquer
Dimensions: 85x70x10mm

The natural richness of the nature reminds us that the vastness of the world in which we live transcends the human imagination, just as English poet William Blake once wrote “to see a heaven in a wild flower”.

Zephyr flower

Materials: 925 silver, lacquer, glass, anodized aluminum
Dimensions: 105x65x10mm

The natural richness of the nature reminds us that the vastness of the world in which we live transcends the human imagination, just as English poet William Blake once wrote “to see a heaven in a wild flower”.

Chasing the Moon # 2

Materials: Acrylic Resin 925 Silver
Dimensions: 881233 mm

My fancies carry me here and there throughout my mountain hideaway. I dream of the night when I can continue my explorations into this wilderness’ colors and textures.

Reflecting Moon #1

Dimensions: 304215 mm

My fancies carry me here and there throughout my mountain hideaway. I dream of the night when I can continue my explorations into this wilderness’ colors and textures.

Constructing the Moon #2

Dimensions: 353432 mm