Judy H Morgan - Jewelry Gallery

J. Heather Designs
Seattle, Washington. USA

Inspired with a passion for fire to metal, and over a decade of diligent studies and mentorship, I learned and perfected a variety of different techniques to manipulate metal. Molding skills and concepts with a vivid imagination, I find inspiration from celestial objects, and a fascination with spiral galaxies, and the vastness of outer space.

The jewelry I create incorporates simple lines with a surprise twist. These lines evolve into an obsession with circles that deviate from the norm. Not always restricted by symmetry, but balance, or a concept of balance can be found in my work. Asymmetry plays a major part in life, and reflects itself as offset stones highlighted in silver parabolas with touches of gold and dark patinas. A little mid-century modernism floats through my realities as some form of geometric shapes are always colliding with lines and curves.

An important element in my work is texture, which enhances almost all of the pieces. I create a subtle contrast in each reflective finish, often using patinas and mixed metals to achieve a perfect result.

Materials: Oxidized sterling silver, 18k gold bimetal, 6.5mm Japanese saltwater pearls l Dimensions: 7/16" wide x 1 5/8" long

Half curved 3/4" discs have random soldered 18k gold bimetal dots of various. A 6.5mm Japanese saltwater pearl hangs from the bottom point of the 1/2 disc and is topped with a 18k gold bimetal concave disc. Earrings are post style.

Photo credit: Doug Yaple

Noir Soleil Necklace

Materials: Oxidized sterling silver, English sea glass, 22k gold, black onyx cylinders
Dimensions: 3 1/2" wide x 2" long

Handmade segmented neck wire with six wire stations of hand drilled wedding white English sea glass and 1/2 drilled black onyx cylinders. The center wire station hangs from a large jump ring and has a rare, black and white multi English sea glass piece prong set on sterling silver sheet. 22k gold high polished dots are randomly solder onto the wire stations. The hand formed neck wire is attached to a coin disc chain with a hand formed clasp.

Northern Lights Necklace

Materials: Oxidized sterling silver, 18k gold bimetal, white and peacock freshwater pearls
Dimensions: 3" wide, by 2" long

Twelve stations of wire with 18k gold bimetal concave discs attached and 4mm tube bails. Each concave disc has a freshwater white or peacock 6.5mm pearl in the center. The twelve stations have been strung on an 18" neck wire with a friction closure.