Jonathan James Stroud - Jewelry Gallery

Chasing Victory Wooden Rings
Redding, California. USA

I am inspired most by my wife, 3 year old daughter and our little girl due in December.

I am 30 years old. I lost the use of my left hand due to an accident with a table saw. I worked as a hardwood floor refinisher/installer in the San Fransisco bay area where I lost the use of my hand. I needed to figure out something to do with my life, so after much struggle I began creating these wooden rings. If it wasn’t for the love of my family and life I would not of pushed myself so hard and make something of myself. I now want to do more in my life with one hand than I ever did with two hands.

Materials: Ebony Wood, Maple Wood, Crushed Azurite, Moissanite, Silver
Dimensions: Mens band - 8mm wide, Split ring 7mm wide, women’s wedding band - 4mm wide

These rings are made with a bent wood process creating a superior wood ring that will last. Each ring is made of Ebony wood and inlaid with Maple and Azurite stone. The split design engagement ring was set with a 5mm Moissanite stone and the thin wedding band was set with a 2.5mm Moissanite in a bezel setting.

Photo credit: Jonathan J. Stroud

Untitled

Materials: Ebony, White gold prong, 4mm black diamond
Dimensions: 4mm black diamond, 3mm wide band

Black Diamond set in a oxidized 14k white gold Tiffany setting with a ebony wood band.

Hawaiian Koa Abalone Inlay

Materials: Golden Hawaiian Koa and Abalone Shel
Dimensions: 10mm wide, side wall 2mm thick

Golden Hawaiian Koa wood that was bent to form a strong wood ring and then inlaid with Abalone shell.