John Pace

66yo,live in Flat Rock,, NC. Interested in lapidary and silver-smiting. I\’ve been doing both for the last 2 years. My interest grew from Mrs. Santiago\’s jewelry class at Fullerton Jr. College in 1975. I\’ve always loved silver-smithing and upon retirement I have more time to work do both. I\’m mainly interested in turquoise and silver and also plan to start with gold.

1 Like

Hello John,
Welcome to the forum. The search function is a great way to look up all kinds of topics,

Are you familiar with the below book? I have it and think it is wonderfully done. I thought you might find it interesting and a way to jump into making (turquoise) jewelry.

Indian Jewelry Making: Branson, O. T.: 9780918080745: Amazon.com: Books

Julie

Hello John and Welcome!
I like Branson’s books, but they are a little hard to find…there are two volumes, so make sure you get the edition that includes both. I also like W. Ben Hunt’s book on the same subject, Indian Silversmithing. It is all in black and white, but the illustrations are great and the projects are set out step by step. Try ebay, discoverbooks or thriftbooks, the latter two usually no shipping. Have fun! -royjohn

1 Like