Joella Miller - Jewelry Gallery

I started designing jewelry a few years ago after being attracted to beads on a trip to Chicago for my birthday when a glitzy red beaded watch called my name from across the counter at Marshall Field’s. My hubby bought the watch for me and beads and jewelry have become an addiction.

A gardener for many years, I work with my beads in much the same way that I planned and planted my flower beds. By looking at the color, examining the shape of and the pattern in the stones, I create my jewelry. I work with a growing selection of gemstones, US artisan lampwork, sterling wire, copper wire, and of course, Swarovski crystals. My jewelry is constantly changing as I learn new techniques and find new materials. I’m currently learning chain maille the ancient art of making armor from interconnected rings.

I am a member of 14 South Artists of South Central WI and the International Jewelry Designer’s Guild. My work was recently accepted for the gallery on the Portal of Wisconsin, a non-profit web site created by the Cultural Coalition to promote culture, arts, humanities and history in Wisconsin.

Joella Miller

1 Like