Janis Kerman - Jewelry Gallery

Janis Kerman’s studio

Janis Kerman’s studio is in a coach house. Her desk is alive with a laptop, a pair of burgundy-framed glasses, coloured pencils, client’s notes and logistics paperwork. Sketches are meticulously ordered accompanied by the appropriate stones. clients visiting the studio for commissions participate in the design process, from inception to finished wearable jewellery.

By 1975 I had completed my fundamental studies in jewelry design and began experimenting with various metals and techniques. I knew that jewelry making was my direction, my métier. Two years later Janis Kerman design was established. The focus of my work for the next 13 years was the design and production of limited edition collections, detailing for fashion accessories and unique pieces. Though I enjoyed the production years and the fact that my designs were available to many, my need to focus on one-of-kind designs was determining the next era of work. Since 1988, I have been working exclusively in precious metals, gems and alternative materials.

There is a symbiotic relationship between fine art and design – a conceptual fluidity where influences move freely between disciplines promoting exchange and evolution.

Inspiration comes from color, texture and objects both artistic and common: architecture, furniture, paintings, ceramics, fashion…

My work seeks to define a new relationship between geometric shapes and organic forms.

1 Like

Janis Kerman - Brooch - (2)

1 Like

Janis Kerman - Brooch - (4)

Janis Kerman - Brooch - (5)

2 Likes

Janis Kerman - Brooch - (3)

Janis Kerman - Brooch - (6)

1 Like

Janis Kerman - Earrings - (3)

2 Likes

Janis Kerman - Earrings - (2)