I set up my inventory control using a spread sheet that I modified
to meet my needs. It includes the following:
* Date * Item number for inventory control. The humbler is assigned when the
is added to the spreadsheet.
* Type of item. Buckle, pendant, ring etc.
* Three columns for description.
* Mold that was used to create item
* I put in my time and have a column that lists the amount I desire to
* The next column calculates the amount of labor cost.
* I have a column to list the weight of silver and one for gold
* There are columns for the purchase cost of silver and gold
* There is a column for markup on the metals.
* The next columns calculate the cost of silver and gold in the project
* I have a column for stone cost
* I have a column for the cost of casting
* A column for misc. cost
* Column the adds the cost of all the items that went into the project.
* A column for the wholesale cost
* Columns for the status and location of the item. It is in inventory, sold
or on consignment. The invoice number and customer is listed in
* I have a column for how much it sold for and another that calculated
actual profit. The sale price minus the actual cost of the item.
Mu two cents worth