This whole discussion started with my mentioning tastevin. And
original intend of them was to indicate presence of poison, but I
do not want to restart the discussion, so please no responses to
Ok I will not mention poison
However, if you knew anything about wine and the necessary
preservatives required to age a wine, then you would fully comprehend
where there might be a very good chance as to why a tastevin would
Further to the point. Sulphur candles where used to seal and
sterilize oak barrels to prevent oxygen from entering the solution.
Another reason why a silver tastevin could turn black.
As far as restaurants, if I would walk in a restaurant and saw
someone wearing this thing, I would leave. There are no reason for
it now, and I do not like gimmicks. Good restaurants do not have to
resort to cheap tricks.
Cheap tricks?. A Master Sommelier is worth his weight in gold in
pairing fine wine with food. That individual is the one who will
assemble a fine wine list for a restaraunt.
The tastevin is not used to impress you, it’s a mark of respect to
those who have travelled the road before them. Look up how many
Master Sommeliers there are worldwide, and you will see that they
are quite rare in comparison to lets say a master plumber