Hyeseung Shin - Jewelry Gallery

I want my jewelry to stimulate people to see a more challenging view of the object, and even to abandon classic ideas. Each created work shows that there is more than the traditional pearl necklace, the gold bracelet, and the diamond ring. The autonomy of each piece is central.

I present my jewelry as an individual work; as a small sculptural still life. I begin with simple geometric form and then transform shapes through the combination of different materials and configurations of movement. All of my pieces are based on an investigation of material, with regard to content and form. Form, construction and material are handled as a whole, analytically and minimally to create a bold effect.

I believe there are people who are open to seeing jewelry in a new way. These people support design and the attitude of piece beyond and emphasis on monetary value. Therefore, I take advantage of the freedom to think and to demonstrate with my pieces the meaning of my thoughts. The objects are a clear reflection of my thoughts and ideas as I playfully engage forms and materials.

Photographer: Studio Munch

bunny in red: ring, brass, sterling silver, enamel

Untitled

Untitled: pendant, copper, brass, enamel

asteroid B612

asteroid B612: ring, copper, enamel