Years ago, I got hydroflouric acid from a company in Rockville,
Maryland name North-Strong. All other sources wanted me to buy a
55 gallon drum. They didn't want to stock the stuff. I don't know
if North-Strong is still in business.
A word of caution.
I was using very small quantities of the stuff. Maybe a half
ounce to an ounce at a time. No gloves. Just a little careless.
got a drop or two on me. I didn't notice. This stuff doesn't
attack skin. I passes through it. Underneath the skin it will
bind with calcium. Well, I noticed a burning sensation. By that
time it was too late. I didn't know that the stuff had passed
through my skin. I tried to wash it off. Tried to neutralize it.
Saw a doctor. The doctor didn't see anything and just had me soak
it in a whirlpool. I suggested that the bottle recommended some
type of injection under the fingernails. He still acted as if I
was just trying to get off of work or something. A few days
later, my fingernail fell off. Not too great a disaster, but it
was only a drop or two at most.
A couple of monthes ago there was a very good article about
hydroflouric acid poisoning in Discover magazine. I'd tell you
what issue, but a couple of days ago I cleaned house and chucked
everything that wasn't a permanent fixture. Sorry. Wish I'd saved
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org WWW:
Snail: POB 7972,
McLean, VA 22106