How should I sell my creations?

I will be selling my creations soon and will be doing so online. How exactly I am not sure. Of course I would like to maximize people running across my store. Should I use Etsy? Start a website? A combination of the two or something else? Whatever route I go, does anyone have any tips for selling jewellery?

Have you set up some sort of payment method? Can you take credit cards? I think this is the first thing you need to address. Good luck!

Judy in Kansas, where the spring flowers are amazing!

Have you considered creating your own web-based shop through a service like SquareSpace or Wix? Both platforms have options for e-commerce but, unlike Etsy, you can market directly to your customer list, you will have access to credit card processing, to information that can help you improve your SEO (search engine optimization), and you will have substantial control over the look of your shop without the hassle of learning HTML. They also have really good tech service.

Another bonus—if you were to choose to move to a different platform in the future, you will be able to take all of your customer information with you—something you can’t do with Etsy. (Etsy considers all of the customers who purchase through their marketplace to be their customers, not yours.)

If you’re not still not sure, I suggest that you check out some the classes on CreativeLive, a web-based community that is geared to creative entrepreneurs—just like you. I highly recommend Megan Auman’s classes; she is jeweler, too, and has built a successful business that is mostly e-commerce.

1 Like