How old is my Tescom Little Torch?

My Tescom Little Torch needs to be retired. The hose is starting to wear and the valve stems need to be replaced. I retrofitted it with Paige tips a number of years ago and it has become my go to torch for smaller work. All I need is a hand piece and hose, no tips. I can’t seem to find this combination at any of the usual places. I already have 2 sets of tips in addition to the Paige tips. Does anyone know where I can buy just the handle and the hose? I have been researching Tescom to try and figure out how old the torch is. My guess is that it is from the 70s. It was my Dad’s and I have had it for at least 30 years. If anyone knows anything about Tescom I would appreciate hearing it. I do know about the more recent Smith and Miller histories. Thanks…Rob

I’m pretty sure that the hose is available at a number of places.

Otto Frei sells two lengths of replacement hoses and replacement gas adjustment knobs.

I don’t know if you’ve ever taken your torch apart, but there’s not much in there. I’ll bet that replacing the knobs and the hose will fix your problem. If not, I’ll bet Otto Frei (or another company) can special order a new handle.

Steve Frei (owner of Otto Frei) is the closest person that I’ve ever met to a jewelry tool historian. He knows the history of most every jewelry tool that’s come to market (and many that didn’t) for the last 100ish years. I’ll bet Steve knows about Tescom. Is there something specific that you’d like to know? I can ask him or you can.

Hope that helps!

Jeff

I found a bare torch and hose at Cyberweld. Price includes free shipping. I will report the results when they happen…Rob

1 Like

So far it is back ordered. Hope the Tescom hangs in there. It will go into my very large tool museum once its replacement arrives…Rob