What I do is I use a number 4 or 5 and we use acet/oxg. is get
a very, very hot small cone flame going, oxidizing flame and flux
the wire, and ball the gold letting it ball up from the bottom. turn
the bracelet over and repeat. flux and let the bead form from the
bottom and you should get great results.
Thanks for the info. Since I am trying to accomplish the same thing,
let me see if I understand your technique. Do you:
1) use a number 4 or 5 torch tip on a Little Torch with acet/oxg.
2) light an oxidizing flame with a very, very hot small cone
3) flux the wire
4) position the wire vertically, that is to say with one end pointed
at the ceiling and the other end pointed at the floor
5) position the flame perpendicular to the wire, that is to say the
flame is parallel to the floor
6) point the flame at the bottom tip of the wire
7) melt the gold so it balls up, lifting the flame as you go until
the ball is the size desired
8) turn the wire over and repeat.
Is this correct?