The first three month of the pregnancy are considered the most
important when we talk about drugs. During that phase is when some
medicine and drugs can produce problems of congenital malformation. The
only chemistry product I know we can introduce in our body with
overdose is water. Not even we can breath deeply continuously during
one minute without being affected by the oxygen overdose in the brain.
Boric acid and sodium bisulfate are always dangerous if we breath
their fumes, manipulating them all the time, continuously in plain
contact with the skin or if we drink them by accident. The most
dangerous of both is boric acid, because of its cumulative effects
with systemic injuries to the central nervous system, brain, liver,
kidney, skin reactions.
It passes through the skin and 15 grams of oral does is lethal.
Remember: it passes trough the skin. But none of us drink acid boric
or sodium bisulfate, or put the hands into the containers of these
products. I suggest we must be careful all the time with everything
different that it is not water.
Tell your employee that she must be more careful with flux containing
boric acid and the Sparex must not boil to prevent fumes of sulfite
(SO3). Also she may feel some discomfort if she remain seated in the
same position for too many hours.
The same care we want for us is the care for your employee. I should
say a bit more for her and her baby. May be someone else can add
something more for you.
I have had this situation many times. I hope this can help you a
Regards from Daniel Mischelejis
Buenos Aires, Argentina