o Dear Michael, Thanks for your message. Can you go into further details about the hazards of this torch?(in simple terms...I am not a chemist) Who makes these torches? How many different kinds are there? You see I am scared to keep gas and oxygen...or acetylene in an apartment.....and thought..that the water torch might be THE solution. I really appreciate your response! Ingeborg
This is info from a MSDS sheet.
HAZARD RATINGS ARE 0 TO 4 (0 = NO HAZARD; 4 = EXTREME HAZARD).
HEALTH - 2 MODERATE FLAMMABILITY - 3 SEVERE (FLAMMABLE) REACTIVITY - 2 MODERATE CONTACT - 1 SLIGHT WARNING EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE CAUSES IRRITATION HARMFUL IF INHALED
KEEP AWAY FROM HEAT, SPARKS, FLAME.
AVOID BREATHING VAPOR. KEEP IN TIGHTLY CLOSED CONTAINER. USE WITH
ADEQUATE VENTILATION. WASH THOROUGHLY AFTER HANDLING. IN CASE OF FIRE,
USE ALCOHOL FOAM, DRY CHEMICAL, CARBON DIOXIDE - WATER MAY BE
FLUSH SPILL AREA WITH WATER SPRAY.
EFFECTS OF OVEREXPOSURE
INHALATION OF VAPORS MAY CAUSE HEADACHE, NAUSEA, VOMITING, DIZZINESS,
DROWSINESS, IRRITATION OF RESPIRATORY TRACT, AND LOSS OF CONSCIOUSNESS.
CONTACT WITH SKIN OR EYES MAY CAUSE IRRITATION.
PROLONGED EXPOSURE MAY CAUSE DERMATITIS.
LIQUID MAY CAUSE PERMANENT EYE DAMAGE.
INGESTION MAY CAUSE NAUSEA, VOMITING, HEADACHES, DIZZINESS,
This is info from a MSDS sheet. If you handle it properly you
should have no problems.Just remember Ventlation is important for
many jewelery related processes so install an exast fan.I was so
afraid to do jewelery work in my appartment years ago that I
bought a house and biult a shop in the garage.
Michael Mathews Victoria,Texas USA