Back to Ganoksin | FAQ | Contact

Hagerty silversmiths' spray polish is hazardous!


#1

Warning! Hagerty Silversmiths’ Spray Polish should be treated as a
hazardous product!

This product contains the following hazardous ingredients:

Propane: 14%
Butane: 41%
Tetrachloroethylene: 30.5%

Health risks:

Inhalation: Respiratory irritation, headache, nausea, fatigue,
drowsiness, impaired coordination, dizziness, weakness,
unconsciousness.

Skin: Not easily absorbed. Solvent action can dry and defat the skin
causing the skin to crack, leading to dermatitis. Prolonged contact
may cause irritation.

Eyes: Liquid or vapor can irritate; prolonged contact may lead to
corneal damage.

Ingestion: Not a likely route of exposure. If swallowed, do not
induce vomiting. Seek immediate medical advice and/or attention.

If you use this product, make sure to use eye, hand, and especially
respiratory protection!

I thought you should know,

Jeffrey Herman, Master Silversmith
Herman Silver Restoration & Conservation
http://www.silversmithing.com/silver