GQ article on new trends in men's jewelry

Hi All,
Well, I did not intend to be the bearer of all kinds of new trends when I sent the link to the article recently about the brooch being back, but I did find this GQ article about men wearing all kinds of earrings, necklaces (pearls???) and stuff very enlightening. Some interesting pictures. Wonder what you all think. I don’t think Le Freres Meixner are making this stuff yet, but who knows! Me, too. Always up for a new marketing challenge.
https://www.gq.com/story/mens-jewelry-renaissance?utm_source=nl&utm_brand=spotlight-nl&utm_campaign=aud-dev&utm_mailing=thematic_spotlight_040521_1&utm_medium=email&bxid=5e763b30639ec8571d426986&cndid=23283005&hasha=fd68a39d03cf7ed541a42278559b8838&hashb=a0aeea9f9e25aff446fdcc09bfa8b21bcc929fb6&hashc=8c5a714cbce92e8a5700eb260ca037ba3772fe26b569dc0cb374cbb43fba84fb&esrc=thematicseed&sourcecode=thematic_spotlight&utm_term=Thematic_Spotlight
-royjohn

1 Like

Men have worn our jewelry for years, but it is typically a heavier and larger version of what we usually make. Don makes kilt pins that are very nice and I make a very heavy line of copper bracelets that have found their way onto the biker crowd. I doubt that either of us will show up in GQ…Rob

1 Like

I was blown away by all the stuff that people are wearing…though my politics are progressive, I don’t think I’m going to be making any Mt. Rushmore-like four face fist rings. I appreciate the sentiment, but I didn’t see the esthetics or the wear-ability. I did think it was nice that men in some groups are wearing more different necklaces and such. More markets is a good thing for jewelry makers! As a straight man, I’ve always been kind of disappointed that men don’t wear much jewelry like necklaces and pendants and pins which I find very attractive, so maybe as a wearer now is my time. But a Malcolm X ring, I don’t think so…-royjohn

1 Like