Flex Shaft Repairs

OK guys. I just checked, and there are lots of threads with flex shaft problems. Why did I check? Yesterday I discovered a family-owned and operated handpiece repair business in Brooklyn, NY operating since 1979. They service and repair handpieces for flex shafts, and the owner, Charles Stuart, seems like a really nice guy. Here is a screen capture from their site:

This was a real find for me, as I have been searching for a teeny tiny screw for an ancient Italian FARO handpiece. Lo and behold, they had it! You should really check out the website at:

It is quite a specialized business, as they deal with the handpiece only–not the motor. So it’s probably a good place to get answers to any problematic questions.…

Janet in Jerusalem

15 Likes

Oh wow! Very niche, but that’s exactly the kind of thing that can be a lifesaver.

Great info, thanks.
When my trusty Swiss Technique finally became unsavable ( at least for me) last Christmas season, after 10+ years of constant use, I purchased a replacement because of dire need at that time of year.
I would love have my original handpiece restored.

(Now, I need to find a way to get my old GraverMax restored too.)

Some of us are just plain hard on tools! It is a good idea to repair the old and worn tools, so we have backups when we inevitably wear out our newest favorites…

Gesswein uses them for their repairs. I had my duplex spring hammer hand piece and my Techno X fixed by them and now back in business.

Karen Christians
Western Avenue Studios, 506
122 Western Avenue
Lowell, MA 01851
Karen@karenchristians.com

781-367-4992

Thanks for this invaluable information, Janet.

Hi JanetB
Thanks for the info …I hope everyone will treat this firm like the Gold dust that they are…being in the Uk I should be very interested if anyone knows a similar pendant motor/ flex shaft maintainance and repair person on this side of the water please …I used to go to the Excellent Frank Rizzo in London but He retired years ago and I have never found anyone else…