Folks, I know that many of you prefer the Nikon Coolpix series of
digital cameras for its macro capability. However, I have an
opportunity to get a really good deal on an HP 945 Digital Camera,
which I’m seriously considering - it would be half the price of the
Nikon 5400 which is the closest competitor in megapixels and macro
capability that I can find.
Before I do, though, I’d love to know some things from anyone who
actually uses it for photographing their jewelry. Do any of you use
it for jewelry pics? Particularly with the Cloud Dome mounting?
Here’s what I know of it that makes me think it might be suitable
both for web pics and for slides:
- 2608x 1952 pixel resolution
- 5.3 megapixel total resolution
- 56x total zoom (8x optical with a Fuji lens)
- focus options of normal, macro, infinity or manual
- focal range of 100mm to infinity ( 0.1m - 1m macro)
- can go with fully manual control of aperture, shutter, etc., or go
So… What experiences do you have with this camera, or what do you
see in these specs that might cause problems for shooting jewelry.