Engraving/Cutting Machine

Hello Phil,

have you heard how it works on gold filled or gold plated?..was wondering if the layer vaporizes off…such interesting technology!

Julie

1 Like

It can now with a lot of newer machines! :slight_smile: They’re just pricey.

This is something I’m curious about too. I’ve seen videos of people using laser machines to cut out shapes from gold filled, but I don’t know if it actually holds up after in the real world! I’ve messaged a couple manufacturing companies that make these type of machines to get there opinions, but still waiting to here back!

1 Like

You might take a look at the Taig CNC micro-mill. It’s designed for cutting metals, unlike the majority of popular-priced CNC machines on the market which are best suited for wood and plastics. The volume of production you’re talking about is well within its capabilities. The only problem I foresee is with sharp interior corners. Due to the geometry of the cutting tools, there’s always going to be some rounding there, although it’s not too hard to fix that with a needle file, if the quantities aren’t too high. We sell these mills at a discount through our website: https://computersculpture.com/taig-micro-mill-cnc-equipped/

1 Like

Hi awerby,

great website, very informative!
I love informative websites!

Julie