Douglas J. Dabrowski - Jewelry Gallery

Eclipse Designs
Sitka, Alaska. USA

I have always been fascinated with metal. In high school I had an art teacher that taught the basics of silversmithing, then as a young man I began learning wire work from street artisans in Mexico city. Later on I took a metalsmithing class at the Nova school in Chiang Mai, Thailand.

A couple of years later I took the colored gemstone grading and appraisal class at AIGS in Bangkok.

In between I worked as a commercial fisherman in Alaska.

My partner Sarah and I started Eclipse Designs in 2002, at first just doing shows, then street vending to the summertime tourists. In 2009 We moved inside and now have our own little gallery in Sitka, Alaska where we sell only our own work.

Our goal is to create original pieces that are stylish, comfortable and durable with high quality natural stones.

Materials: Argentium Sterling, Blue Sapphire, 18k yellow gold
Dimensions: 25mm x 32mm (with bail)

A 3 dimensional 8 pointed argentium mandala with a .7ct natural blue sapphire set in an 18k yellow gold bezel.

Rhodolite snowflake

Materials: Argentium sterling, rhodolite garnet
Dimensions: 30mm x 42mm

A 3 dimensional 6 pointed argentium mandala with a 2.2ct rose cut rhodolite garnet.

Insect in amber

Materials: Argentium sterling, amber w/ insect
Dimensions: 11mm x 22mm

A pear shaped dominican amber cabochon with fossil insect set in argentium sterling with a handmade bail.