I am hoping somone out there could give me some advice. I am a
relative novice when it comes to etching, we did some in a class I
took so I am aware of all the safety pointers but the acid was always
mixed for us do I dont know what rate it was diluted at.
I am trying to etch a design into an old silver plated nickel spoon
and I just cant get it to work. I have been diluting the acid 3 parts
water to one part acid - as recommended in one of my books but it
isnt even touching it.
I was wondering if it was because I didnt prepare the metal
correctly so I have stripped off all the stop out varnish, rubbed the
spoons down and I’m about to begin again.
Any ideas would be very gratefully recieved.