Doc, you have a great sense of humor. I'm assuming it's that and
not the alternative, which is that you are insane.....
Well, maybe a little of both?
There are so many reasons not to do that it's hard to know where to
start---- Aside from the obvious, which is the death-wish part.
Just now I priced mercury at about $60/100gm, or $116/lb. You could
have "balls rolling around on your desk", I guess, but how are you
going to do that? Train them? Then you're going to touch them, get
them in your clothes, have them on the floor, in your hair - such a
Actually, if you’ve ever had any mercury around precious metal dust
and grindings, you’d know that it quickly solidifies as it amalgams
and before long becomes a hard, solid lump.
Then your brain will slowly rot away - mercury's a neuological
Mercury itself isn’t really a problem. The hazards arise when
mercury is vaporized (which it can at room temperature.)
Finally, mercury isn't going to "burn off". It's simply going to
boil and vaporize, and then it's going to cool off and un-vaporize,
and deposit elemental mercury all over your yard, your fruit trees,
your tomatos, your water table, your dog.
Yeah I understand the fear, but mercury is an element and exists in
nature. And it won’t “un-vaporize” all on its own like water vapor.
Such a sense of humor!!!! I'm not "mercury paranoid" either - it
just is what it is - fairly difficult to handle because of it's
surface tension, and an insidious toxin that's extremely difficult
to get rid of. Not to mention it's not so cheap.
I’ll concede the last point you made.