Christine Kipka - Jewelry Gallery

Christine Kipka
Kipkalinka Goldsmithing
Leipzig, Saxony. Germany

Since my early childhood I love creating in many forms – sewing, drawing, tattooing and sculpture. At the age of 16 I got the opportunity to attend jewelry classes in school. There I found my life’s calling.
Yet in sculpture I adored the fact that my creation will last longer than me. Within the resistant material my ideas become immortal. That’s also the part I love most about jewelry. Just more than stone sculptures it accompanies the person who is wearing it. You see and feel the sleek material, beautiful stones and delicate design at any time. In my opinion fine jewelry is more than just a nice fashion accessory – what you can get from me is a direct expression of personality. Mine in yours, like friends have thoughts and views in common. So a piece of my soul (as what I consider my work) will become part of your life.

To make my rings, necklaces and earrings your lifelong friends I want them to be everlasting. So I went to a craft school for jewelry and glass after high school. There I was taught for 3 years in the old craft of goldsmithing in its traditional way.

Its a great fortune, that in Germany old crafts are still being maintained in a high grade of professionalism and precision. I am absolutely grateful to have gained that kind of high level education as a craftswoman.

My training there comprised jewelry designing, drawing and calligraphy, beneath the basic techniques also mokume gane, enameling, repoussé, engraving, filigree and a little blacksmithing.

I study history of arts to get a closer view on old masters of crafts. Goldsmiths in the Medieval spent almost their whole lives on one piece. This is a understanding of dedication and time, that has gone lost in our modern capitalist age. Thus it deeply impresses me, if I see some work like that - may it be historic or nowadays.

Materials: Sterling Silver, Blue Enamel, Fine Silver, Stainless Steel
Dimensions: 2.3" diameter, 0.96" height

A brooch in silver filigree technique, the flower leaves are enameled in deepest blue. The piece stands for the vain endeavor of finding the blue flower of romanticism. Words are not able to describe it, so they become a cage.

Photo credit: Christine Kipka

http://www.ganoksin.com/exhibition/var/albums/orchid/ChristineKipka/blaueblume3.jpg

Snake and Apple

Materials: 14k White Gold, Pink Saphire
Dimensions: 1.2" height, 0.8" broad

Snake forged, filed and bended from one piece of 14k gold. Setting handmade in 18k white gold.

Photo credit: Christine Kipk

Sterling Silver Box

Materials: Sterling Silver
Dimensions: 2.4" diameter, 1.8" height

Massive sterling box which containes five small boxes in triangle form within. The big box is closed by a hinge, the small ones by makeup frame. Completely handmade, without machines. Appr. 60h working time.

Photo credit: Christine Kipka