Chiara Bet - Jewelry Gallery

Chiara Bet Designs
Sheffield, UK

The inspiration behind Chiara’s work comes from a deep intrigue with human body, folklore and mythology, morphed by her personal narratives & fantasies.

In an approach similar to the one of the old masters, concepts and visions first find life as illustrations on paper, to be subsequently translated in their three-dimensional form by the artist through methodical hand carving of wax models. “Drawing is for me a crucial part of the creative process, and I like to keep the energy of the designs alive through the making.” The detailed carvings are then cast in silver and composed in pieces of jewellery by the distinct narrative feel - their sculptural quality enhancing the storytelling virtue and charm.

Details of gold and the inclusion of precious and semi-precious gemstones and pearls further enrich the designs in a colour palette reminiscent of Renaissance artworks, a reflection of Chiara’s Italian background.

“With my work I wish to inspire a feel of wonder and amusement in the wearer, offering bite size escapism from everyday reality by capturing some magic in portable pieces of narrative art.”

Materials: Silver, 9ct gold, freshwater pearl.
Dimensions: 6.5 x 2 x 2 cm

Hook earrings.

Photo credit: In Two Dimensions

http://www.ganoksin.com/exhibition/var/albums/orchid/ChiaraBet/ChiaraBet_--Dropped-a-pearl_--Hook-Earrings.jpg

Curled Up

Materials: Silver; baroque pearls.
Dimensions: 3 x 2 x 1.5 cm

Hook earrings.

Droplets

Materials: Silver, act gold, freshwater rice pearls, mother of pearl cabochon.

Dimensions: 9 x 2.5 x 1.5 cm

Pin Brooch