Chi Cheng Lee - Jewelry Gallery

A lifetime of experiences is the inspirations for my work. Born in Taiwan, I grew up in New York metropolitan area and lived in Hong Kong before settling in Vancouver. I have been exposed to a rich variety of cultures, art, architecture and natural wonders. My work has the underlining theme of East meets West, the interplay between materials and forms, techniques and textures. Combining Eastern traditional design sensibilities and the Western modern boundaries, I create objects that adorn the body using contrast, and the visual balance of positive and negative space. There is an inherent balance and harmony to these forms. (BFA Parsons School of Design)

Hand fabricated sterling silver with cast sterling silver woven inlay, fresh water peach and white pearls.

http://www.ganoksin.com/exhibition/var/albums/orchid/ChiChengLee/IMG_9292%20Woven%20Maple%20Pod%201%20Pin.jpg

Woven Moss Agate Necklace

Scribbled textured sterling silver cast units with hand wrapped moss agate (length 20")

Woven Maple Pod Necklace

Hand fabricated sterling silver with cast sterling silver woven inlay, fresh water pearls (length 18" ).