Cat' Eye Chrysoberyl repolisher needed

I have a customer whose Cat’s Eye Chrysoberyl needs repolishing. Any referrals? US preferred

I ‘found’ a great stone-cutter in Chicago I referred another client to this fellow already. Let me me post his telephone :phone:️ number for everyone in a moment. “It’s not what you know, but who you know” that makes this jewellery world on Ganoksin work!
Gerry! On my Travelling iPhone!

Here is an American gem-stone cutter!
Victor Geppert. 5, S.Wabash street. 13th floor Chicago, IL. I recommend him highly!
1-312-236-0635. His email is “vgs1302@yahoo.com”
I gave his name to another Ganoksin member!

Contact me offline at lshorowitz@yahoo.com Have a master brazilian cutter in Miami Florida Gerson Bispo who can do it .
Thanks

Lee Horowitz GemologistPeru Blue Opal Ltd

Lee: Don’t give your source away.!!! Let them go through you and you make some money.
Just got back from lapidary class with Lew Wachler in Boulder. Fabulous. He is a great
teacher and we learned much more than we anticipated. Can’t wait to go back for the
second 5 days. Second 5 days will cover more faceting and carving. Wish I had the money
to purchase all the equipment I would like to have. Learned so many tricks, etc.
Diane

I have stones I have bought over the years and inevitably, they have long been seperated from their original invoice/description. I contacted the dealer from whom I bought these but they never answered. Anyone know what these are? Almost like a quartz with mica in them - gray tones; semi-translucent
Thanks everyone,
Cameron

Why collect commission? I give away all my sources & information. I now have 1/2 Terabyte of essays, at no cost! I truly believe it is important that “we help each other at no charge!!”

1 Like

They look like marcasite in quartz to me.

Nipoma Marcasite?

I can do it as well. $35 plus your shipping both ways. I am in North Carolina.

I appreciate Gerry’s response. I think this forum is about sharing information. Your suggestion is a good one for a customer but not a colleague. I buy gems from you and am disappointed in your attitude.

1 Like

We always share our local lapidary with our customers who make a living as jewelers.
We do not share with students or hobbyists. In fact, our cutter will work only with people
who have resale numbers. He has specifically asked us not to give his information to
non-professionals or on an open forum. He is rather expensive but has always done a superb job.
If you want to know who it is, contact us directly. To be fair to working jewelers, we have distinct
retail vs. wholesale prices.

In a message dated 11/2/2017 4:03:08 PM Eastern Standard Time, orchid@ganoksin.com writes:

shiftingmetal
November 2I appreciate Gerry’s response. I think this forum is about sharing information. Your suggestion is a good one for a customer but not a colleague. I buy gems from you and am disappointed in your attitude.
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
Brought to you by:

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.
To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.