Carol Webb passed away on Christmas Eve 2016

Orchidians. I was just informed with the note below of Carol Webb’s passing. I paste the note below, for your information. My condolences to the family…

Hi, Seth,

I just learned the sad news that Carol Webb passed away on Christmas Eve (I learned via Facebook).

Since I knew her only through the workshops I took with her, I thought someone else should be the one to post a notice about it.

She was a wonderful and creative artist and teacher, and I shall always feel love and gratitude toward her for sharing her skill.

Thank you, Seth.

Several years ago, I read an article about Carol’s etching process and thought to myself how much I wanted to learn about that. I kept the article, and reread it, noting that she was near me.

And then my local metal arts guild announced a workshop with her – I signed up sooo fast!

Now, understand that I had only been involved in jewelry / metal-smithing for a short while, so I was pretty much a novice. Carol walked me through what I didn’t understand and made me feel I could do it.

Those pieces I made that day still make me smile.

I was also fortunate to be able to take another workshop with her the following year.

So sorry she’s gone. I feel so fortunate to have known her and seen her stunning work and gotten exposed to her amazing skills.

She will be missed.

Tricia

I drove from Wyoming to Seattle one summer to take a week-long class with Carol Webb. She shared everything needed to work well on the bimetals. I enameled on a piece of the etched material I made in her class. This piece was in an Enamelist Society exhibit. I used to see Carol and chat at ACC Shows In Baltimore and at the Smithsonian Show. She will be missed.
Donna