I’m a jeweler/metal smith in MA (just starting out.) I have a dear
friend working on her Master of Business and has to write a sample
business plan and decided to use custom jewelry fabrication as her
model. She has a great deal of questions and I can answer some, but
being so new to the business I am unable to answer all of them. I
have asked some local jewelers… but I decided seeing I have this
amazing resource, why not ask you all!
My goal is to just point her in the right direction. The questions
are very vague… so any is welcome (web addresses, any
snippet of info, etc) is quite welcome! And, this may
help out a bunch of us nubie’s out there! So, thank you in advance
for your help!!!
– Is there a real market for custom jewelry… why would people
look for custom jewelry and not to an established place (ie, mall
– Have you come across any (mag articles, etc) showing
that people are looking for custom pieces.
– How do we know the market is sufficient to survive?
– As somebody intending to RUN a custom jewelry business (not as the
– What experience do I intend to get - trade shows, magazines,
– What do we know about marketing and costs in the business?