Billy Prendergast

There’s a lot of excellent work on display here, so hopefully there’s room for another gallery! I’m always trying to have fun with my work, for better or for worse. I can’t claim to be making any sort of deep social commentary or message–nor do I think I want to–just create pieces that can be enjoyed by the wearer and viewer.

“PULL DOWN” Buckle
Sterling silver, fire alarm lever
Nov/2017

I had this lever for a while and knew that I wanted it to be a buckle but wasn’t really sure how to incorporate it. After trying to reinvent the wheel (again) I eventually figured out a relatively effective way of making the lever part of the function of the buckle. I’m thinking I may add a shorter loop on the left to make the lever necessary for the buckle’s function, but I may just be over doing things again. We shall see.

7 Likes

That is AWESOME

1 Like

Thank you Seth! Definitely an interesting process getting this thing together.

Fossil Fuel
Copper, sterling silver, citrine, theropod vertebrae, magnets
May/2017

Why? I thought it was funny. Made as a sort of reliquary, the oil drum holds a little sterling alter which in turn acts as a stand for the focal point. I wanted a way for the piece to be interactive and more than just a paper weight, so I made the center piece into a small brooch. It also made the displaying of the bone easier as well. How often does that happen?

7 Likes

Love this!

Denny

1 Like

More pieces, a ring as well as a pair of cufflinks based on said ring. Actually the first pair of cufflinks I ever made. A gentleman saw the ring and was interested in identical cufflinks. Definitely an exercise in precision! The center spheres can spin in any direction, and the stone is set in a recessed tube setting to protect it from contacting the rim.

Swivel Ring
Dec/2016; remade Oct/2017 (remade ring pictured)
Sterling, topaz

Swivel Cufflinks
Jan/2017
Sterling, topaz

5 Likes

“Dear Joseph” (letter opener)

A friend commissioned this piece earlier this year. He gave me some of his mother’s old diamonds to incorporate into a letter opener (she’s still with us by the way!). Fabricated from sheet, wasn’t sure if I wanted to forge it of not. That’d be pretty hefty since it’s around 8.5" long. Another learning piece for sure!

And photographing this was a huge pain…

5 Likes

Cool and dangerous.

1 Like

Fabulous creativity - thank you for posting.

1 Like

HAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA that is TOTALLY RADCORE AWESOMESAUCE right there! :hearts:

FULLY righteous! :+1:

Edited to add this response was to the fire alarm pull down belt buckle.

though truthfully ALL the work shown is wonderful!!

1 Like