Bezel setting that click-in?

Hi all,

Ok, I’m stumped… A while back, I remember seeing a system of bezel
setting where the hole is drilled in the piece, the stone is placed
in the bezel and the bezel is pushed into the hole in the piece, it
clicks in and sets the stone all in one shot. I have seen it on
South sea pearls, with little bezel set and on other
pieces where you would not want to solder. I have a customer who is
looking for such a thing, and now that I need it, I can’t find it!!!
I know it exists, what is it called?

a frustrated Mary Elizabeth

Hello Mary Elizabeth;

I’ve seen those. They come with a special drill bit to make the
perfect size hole. I think Rio Grande sells them, take a look in
their gems and findings catalog.

David L. Huffman

Mary Elizabeth,

I also remembered them after you mentioned them… They’re Signity’s
“pre-set” findings:

I saw them at the MJSA show in NYC, I think 2 years ago. My
recollection is that I thought they might “spin” in place as there’s
really nothing to keep them from doing so. But they’re marketed as a
way to set stones in materials that would otherwise be impossible, so
I guess the spinning may not be a bad thing in those cases?

I’m also not sure which suppliers carry them, but Signity should be
able to tell you. I didn’t see them on the Rio or Stuller sites.

Good luck!

Karen Goeller
No Limitations Designs
Hand-made, one-of-a-kind jewelry

I tried these once. They are extremely thin and they are not solid
tubes, but split tubes. As Karen said, they are made by Signity.
Stuller used to carry them.

Bruce D. Holmgrain
JA Certified Master Benchjeweler

The company is UNILOCK, they have a web site"". Hope this
is what your looking for.