Jewelry is my hobby; Electricity & electronics are what I make a
living at (for about 30 years at this point)
I’ve taken one bad shock (440V 400hz) that went in the tips of my
fingers and out my elbow. It put me on sick call for several days,
and fractured several of the small bones in my wrist (think instant,
induced carpal tunnel)
I was deliberately grounded on the metal cabinet I was working in,
because I had a good teacher; and it still nearly took me out.
Trust, me, shoe soles can’t be counted on, and you never, ever
want the current to cross your torso.
I leave my rings at home. Aside from the shock hazard (a glancing
touch that might not really conduct on skin, absolutely will with a
metal ring), I also avoid potentially shorting the components on the
equipment I deal with. Also, for a technician/tradesman, it’s all too
easy to badly injure a finger just by snagging the ring (which I have
I love my wife. She loves my digits intact…