This is just to share some of my experiences this week at the bench.
While packing up some work to go to a gallery this week, I noticed
that some of the pendants I made a few weeks ago from AS were showing
spots of tarnish. In some confusion, I mentally reviewed my process -
anneal before using in the press (should have activated the tarnish
resistance… hmmm), press, anneal again, press, drill, rivet, finish
using a brass brush… (insert loud head slap here… of course,
brass contains COPPER). Okay, so no more brass brushes, only steel
for a while. Oh, and while I’m checking things… maybe using the
pickle that’s turned blue is also not a good idea. Thanks to Trevor
and Cynthia for their ongoing contributions to this list… it helped
me quickly diagnose the problem.