Adrienne Neszmelyi-Romano - Jewelry Gallery

Designs By Adrienne
North Wales, Pennsylvania. USA

I began working in metals 13 years ago and it has been my primary medium since that time. My jewelry is inspired by my interest in the world around me- in nature and my travels. The organic shapes in nature, particularly river rocks, have been the root of my work. Their shapes and textures are of primary interest, and the irregular contours of their forms inspire the shapes I create. Pieces are sometimes formed around the contours of river rocks and their natural arrangements found in their environment inspire patterns and the compositions of my pieces. Many of these rocks are discovered on my travels.

I work primarily in sterling silver. I occasionally combine copper and other materials, such as resin. When incorporating stones, I most often use them in their original form.

I enjoy creating contemporary, modern designs that are clean, bold and have strong contrasts, many times using a patina on their surfaces. My pieces are not meant to be delicate in their look; they are to convey a strong, dramatic statement. For some work, I like to create hollow forms that give the illusion of weight, but are light and easy to wear. I also enjoy adding a patina to surfaces to create a more natural, weathered look.

I like the precision involved in the planning and design process, but feel that my artistic roots in painting lead to my parallel interest in spontaneity and play in the creation of my pieces. Sometimes pieces evolve as the metal is shaped and arranged in their “compositions”. The process of layering colors, shapes, designs, and textures informs my choices in jewelry creation much as it does my painting.

My work is infused with my passion to make beautiful objects that you will love to wear. My designs are personal, one of a kind pieces that result from hours of effort in my studio. I also will work with clients to create custom designs.

The work featured in this series of submissions are from the "Pebble" Series, which is work that comes out of looking at the naturally random arrangements of pebbles and stones on the ground.

Materials: Sterling silver, river stone Dimensions: 1"x7"

This piece is from a series of work that comes out of looking at the naturally random arrangements of pebbles and stones on the ground. Domed pieces of sterling silver were composed and arranged to create each component of this bracelet and finished with a high polish. A river stone is the focal point of this piece, which is riveted into its setting with another silver component.

Photo credit: Copyright Adrienne N. Romano

3 Likes

Organic Pendant/Pin with River Stone

Materials: Sterling silver, patina, river stone and freshwater pearl
Dimensions: 1 5/8" W x 1 3/8" H

This pendant comes out of shaping rectangular metal wire over natural river stones. The shapes were then arranged and set in this composition. A river stone was then riveted in the design along with a freshwater pearl. Patina was added for contrast. This piece can be worn as a pin and a pendant.

2 Likes

Layered “Pebble” Earrings

Materials: Sterling silver, patina
Dimensions: 1 1/8" x 3/4"

This sterling silver pair of earrings is part of the “pebble” series of my work, that comes out of looking at the naturally random arrangements of pebbles and stones on the ground. Domed pieces of silver were layered on top of each other and riveted, and finished with a brushed patina surface.

3 Likes

Organic Pendant/Pin

Dimensions: 2" W x 1 3/4" H

This pendant comes out of shaping rectangular metal wire over natural river stones. The shapes were then arranged and set in a series of rings. Patina was added for contrast. This piece can be worn as a pendant or a pin.

2 Likes

Multi “Pebble” Asymmetrical Pendant

Dimensions: 2"x 2.5"

This piece is from a series of work that comes out of looking at the naturally random arrangements of pebbles and stones on the ground. Domed pieces of sterling were composed and arranged to create this asymmetrical design. The piece has various textures set within the “pebble” shapes for dimension and contrast. It has a brushed patina surface.

1 Like

Double Rock Form Earrings with Peridot

Materials: Sterling silver, patina, peridot
Dimensions: 1 1/8"H x 3/4"W

These sterling silver earrings are from the “Organic” Series, a series of work which comes out of shaping rectangular metal wire over natural river stones. Faceted peridot stones in tube settings were then added for contrast.

2 Likes