A few recent rings

The diamond rings are customer restyles the color gems are customer requests.

7 Likes

Looking at these reminds me of a story about my friend Felix Hell, a child prodigy and organ virtuoso. While at Peabody during graduate study, he gave a complete Bach organ works cycle in five days, only the third time in history it had been done. (It was superb, by the way.) I took a keepsake book of blank pages for folks to write their reactions and well wishes in it and one graduate student wrote that hearing Felix play had demoralized him and made him think about quitting his career! Music can be very competitive and envy can do strange things to people.

I have similar (demoralized) feelings looking at your wonderful work, but I will try to believe I might get there someday! Many thinks for sharing. Wonderful stuff.

1 Like

You should have seen some of my first creations in college. Not pretty. I still have some of them because they are ones only a parent will love. I’ve learned to take time and worry about the details. It reflects in the finished piece and I can also tell you these all have flaws I could point to, so just realize that the whole thing about 10000 hours = proficientcy is kind of true. I don’t think I’m there yet. But thank you for the compliment. I will give anyone my opinion on a problem anytime to try to help improve (even if it’s wrong) my take away from learning this trade is don’t let anyone tell you what you can or can’t do. Just try it and find out. SD

You should have seen some of my first creations in college. Not pretty. I
still have some of them because they are ones only a parent will love. I’ve
learned to take time and worry about the details. It reflects in the
finished piece and I can also tell you these all have flaws I could point
to, so just realize that the whole thing about 10000 hours = proficientcy
is kind of true. I don’t think I’m there yet. But thank you for the
compliment. I will give anyone my opinion on a problem anytime to try to
help improve (even if it’s wrong) my take away from learning this trade is
don’t let anyone tell you what you can or can’t do. Just try it and find
out. SD

ps. If my wife knew you used the word virtuoso and my self in the same
paragraph she would be appalled. The guy who doesn’t know right from left
while driving doesn’t scream virtuoso to me. I can hear it already😉

1 Like

Hey Shannon

You should be proud of this work! Thanks for sharing.

Looks like you and I have been at it for a while, and like you using all the tools at hand. And like you when I told my wife about the virtuoso post, she agreed that it would never be assosiated with me.Ever.

These days my work has given me more pleasure than when started to build my shop at the tender age of 13. I have learned over the decads what I can do. The rest gets farmered out to thoses who have the skills.

I agree never let someone say what you can do. Find out if you can. It has been my struggle like many others. But to this day my skills continue to improve.

So I will go at it, till I can go no more.

Regards
Franz

PS Shannon hope we can meet someday

That’s great Franz
Keep at it. Would be fun to get together. I know some folks meet at
Tuscon and I know it’s a sin but I’ve never been. Maybe someday.

I absolutely love the first one. It’s easily in my top 3 favorites ever. Very elegant with a mechanical feel to it, can we see more angles?

1 Like

Thanks I’ll see if I can find other views. SD

Here’s a couple

1 Like

Thanks, it looks great such a unique way to set a stone

Beautiful work.

:+1: