To those who replied to my anguished note about stainless shot stuck
in my bead after neglecting to block the holes with something before
That everyone has my thanks goes without saying!
Being of a simple mind (!) I tried the simplest suggested method
first - that of shaking the 1" diameter bead in a box. It worked
great, and 26 stainless shot needles came out in less than 5 minutes
of shaking. Each time some came loose, I took them out of the box
(actually a plastic jam jar with lid) lest they decided to go back in
again if I left them shaking with the bead.
Needless to say I was delighted, and I offer the method to others
who forget that bead holes should be blocked before tumbling! Or
remove any needle shapes, I guess.
Next time I tumble my beads with larger holes I’ll make darned sure
they will all be threaded on a wire or pipecleaner!