Where is Gerry Lewy now, when you really need him?

The topic of this discussion initially was "where is GERRY LEWY, (etc’s)?" Well, I’m still here, but I’m working on a 115 photo essay on “How to use your gravers” I might be quiet, but I’m still here, writing & editing my notes.

2 Likes

As a jeweler, I find nothing vulgar. I will make what my client wants and desires. I will advise on the design of an item so that it fits their needs and their budget, but other than that, It is not for me to decide what a person wants and desires. I try to divorce my ego from my designs and focus on what the person in front of me wants.

I have helped college kids who have agonized over buying a $12 silver chain for a girlfriend, helped people who own vast international companies, as well as trust-fund babies.

In my opinion, if you decide to cater to a particular segment of the market and can make a profit, go for it. All jewelry store owners do this. It is part of business. One of my friends does quite well selling to a normal midwestern small-town mix of people. Another in Florida does a lot of business making grills for musicians down there.

So I think what I am getting to in a lot of words is that if you do not want to sell to a particular segment of the market, then do not sell to people in that market.

As to the race, religion, or politics of who I work with, I have no judgments. (With the exception of anything Nazi. I was raised in that as a child so Just know that I have strong views about it and will never make anything like that.)

Thanks for listening to my 2 cents worth of opinions.

1 Like