What music do you listen to in the jewelry studio

The best “zoning in” music for me is Australian didgeridoo music by people like Ash Dargan, Yothu Yindi and David Hudson, often combined with western instruments. I focus and completely lose track of time.

The Harry Dresden books are great, but I think Jim Butcher’s Codex Alera series is even better.

I’m like Helenrhill, I work best when it’s quiet. Audiobooks (and the Great Courses) do have a bit of siren call for me, but my brain’s ability to pay attention is either / or — I either have to stop and listen, or if I keep working, I stop hearing it. Same with music.

Best,
Tricia

I’m the weirdest person here probably when it comes to music choice when I’m making something. I normally listen to either metal or classical music. Every now and then I listen to alternative music. I listen to other things as well, but not when I’m making something or studying.

I haven’t read any yet. But I have heard they are good. Thanks for the confirmation.

I’m with @mpandfamily on this. All audio books for me. :headphones:

peter f hamilton
steven brust
jack campbell
frank hubert
jim butcher
joe abercrombie
clifford simak
rodger zelazny

Interesting that people listen to audio books. I listen to music at any
time, my choice is classical.

But as a painter I find that jewelry and painting require different
approaches. I can listen to books while painting as long as the work is at
a phase requiring less attention, but can’t listen to words when doing
jewelry work. Must use a different part of the brain!

I listen to YouTube full albums - different genres of mood music.
I have a YouTube playlist of my collection here:

When I am in the mood for music while working in my studio I usually listen to Coldplay, Green Day, Oasis, or Alanis Morissette.

I don’t care, I just turn the radio on but love all kinds of music.
Songs from “my time” being 58 years up to new modern songs… I like them
all.
I can’t work in complete silence. Music somehow inspires me.
It keeps my minds in active mode with all kinds of idea’s.