Cynthia, very interesting, very scary. I cannot begin to imagine the
mechanism that turned her teeth black … do you have any more
Does it seem to be permanent?
The “bad eggs” smell that you get from liver of sulphur (and don’t
mix it with acid because that makes it much worse) is hydrogen
sulphide. This is a gas with two interesting properties: 1 It is toxic
at rather low concentrations in air and, 2 As the concentration goes
up it dulls and ultimately kills your sence of smell. This means that
you could be breathing in harmful amounts and not know it.
The safest way to use it of course is just in small quantities, which
I guess is what most of us do. But, those black teeth, they’ve got me
wondering WTH is going on. – Kevin (NW England, UK)