Hi there When I worked for a time in a Jewellery Store as a sales
clerk/jewellery repair person (where I finally realized that I did
not want to do repairs) the boss used Mr. Clean mixed with water.
Approx. 3-4 Tablespoons to about 1Litre (approx. quart) of water
should do the trick. You do have to be careful with silver as it can
sometimes turn it black. And from my hobby of faceting I think you
should be careful of emeralds as Mr. Clean is a de-greaser and
almost all emeralds are oiled. This of course is great for rings as
most dirt underneath is dirt in body oils.
the ‘ROCKLADY’ @Rocklady
May your gems always “Sparkle”