Tracey Johnson - Bench Exchange

My mom used to take me to the dump when I was little. We would climb through mountains of garbage to find our next project. I observed the transformation of these old trunks and dressers, couches and chairs go from someones garbage to beautifully restored wooden treasures. Till this day I cannot pass by a demolition site, pile of trash on the side of the road, etc… without the urge to rescue a piece or two. I saved this bench top from this pile of destruction, the door (tool holder) was on the side of the road with a sign saying “free” and the legs of the bench come from my friends popular tree in his back yard. The only thing purchased on this whole bench is the cast iron pipe running across the base.

1 Like

My mom used to take me to the dump when I was little. We would climb through mountains of garbage to find our next project. I observed the transformation of these old trunks and dressers, couches and chairs go from someones garbage to beautifully restored wooden treasures. Till this day I cannot pass by a demolition site, pile of trash on the side of the road, etc… without the urge to rescue a piece or two. I saved this bench top from this pile of destruction, the door (tool holder) was on the side of the road with a sign saying “free” and the legs of the bench come from my friends popular tree in his back yard. The only thing purchased on this whole bench is the cast iron pipe running across the base.