Torches on whole house propane

Over the weekend I emailed my insurance agent to say that I know that some folks have approval from THEIR insurance companies for acetylene/air or acetylene/oxy configurations. Imagine my surprise when the Allstate “expert,” who’d apparently been on vacation, agreed today that compressed gases are fine in the house. So thanks, all, for your advice and experience with home soldering setups. It helped a lot to have your feedback to rely on.

How does having a tank set up impact home owners insurance? I told my husband we should, probably, keep the tanks outside and run the hoses through the walls to the inside studio. What do you know about this subject???
Deborah/ aka, rosieblu/ Rosie Raven !!!

See my comment above. After some discussion and explanation of what is involved and its relative safety, my setup was approved. No additional charges or riders etc. different story if it’s a business but ok for hobby. They didn’t ask for the usual safety stuff, but you’d want to secure the tanks, have flashback controls, and check for leaks just as a matter of course. Be persistent if you don’t get the answer you want. Seems like agencies say “no” first and only apply reason and judgment if you press it.