Tennis bracelet links

Hello,

I would like to design a tennis bracelet. I am trying to find different designs so I can model my own but I am struggling to find samples showing the design of the link.

Anyone could help me either with pictures or sketches?

Many thanks,

Joan

Designing a bracelet on a tennis motive is easy. But what do you mean by a link?
no such thing on a tennis racquet ,nor anything to do with tennis?
Youll need to explain rater a lot more for us to help you.
Ted.

Hans Meevis has a tutorial on making tennis bracelet links

1 Like

During the 1987 U.S. Open, Chris Evert’s diamond line bracelet fell off onto the court. She stated about this, “I dropped my tennis bracelet”, and since then diamond line bracelets have been called tennis bracelets.

1 Like

Thanks all, for clearing up this lack of understanding on my part.
Ted.

I mean this

https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-tennis-bracelet-18k-white-gold_66329?elem=img&track=product&vtype=sample

One single link or element that is copied several times.

Sorry, I might not have explained properly

Ted
HISTORY

In the 1987 U.S. Open, tennis star Chris Evert was playing a vigorous match. In the middle of the game, she asked the officials to stop the game because her diamond bracelet had come unclasped and fallen on the court. She asked for time to search for and retrieve her bracelet. Since that time, the bracelet has been referred to as a “tennis bracelet.”

[image1.jpeg]

1 Like

You can buy individual links from finding suppliers to help get an idea of how they look and work. You can get pretty creative with how you connect the individual links together when you make it. Just needs to move freely and not catch or kink. I would say that they are not as popular as they were some years ago. Tennis bracelets I mean.

An issue that I have found when custom making link bracelets of any kind, with stones (or without) is that the labor and materials charge often far exceeds the customers expectations. You’re making a dozen to 50 individual units, finishing, setting, polishing each an riveting all together somehow, plus making a clasp. Those things get pretty pricey. It’s like making multiple rings, even when you’re using a mold. People will still give the go ahead but there is often some sticker shock to overcome.
Mark

1 Like

Years ago, the tennis bracelets I repaired all had the same exact problem, rivet failure.

All were of Chinese origin, but failure occurred even on repaired rivets. Therefore, I assumed it was because the 14kt rivets were very thin. None were thicker than 38 gage. I couldn’t change the thickness of the rivet, but I could change the metal.

With repair-weary owners’ permission, I substituted red brass for the gold rivets, and those brass rivets never failed. I know they didn’t fail because over time, I eventually replaced nearly all the rivets in a few of those bracelets.

Those bracelet owners did not care about the brass substitution because they said it saved them a thousand dollars in never-ending rivet repairs.

Hi Betty,
Useful info you give, but red brass? a spec please, 80/20 or even 85/15?
and 38 gauge? here in Europe its either imp or 99% metric. so im no wiser.
We used to use for wire BSWG, but thats different I believe.
Ted.

85/15
.100mm

I know I am going to get in trouble for this but here is a full tutorial

Thanks for that.
.1mm?
Unfit for purpose!. The product tech spec not plannned to last.
My Father bought for my mother a pendant, bracelet and ring set in Prague in the 1930’s made from white gold and zircons. Each rectangular link had a tongue on one side and a slot on the other interlocking on these alternate faces with a proper rivet as the hinge point .5mm thick if my memory serves me right, all in decreasing size from the middle to the clasp. It was sold by my Father when my mother died, I remember it well. It was a comission by him for her.
hope you follow.
Ted.

Thank you for the story, very interesting