Swiss torch/platinum tip/oxygen concentrator?

I got a 10lpm Extreme Oxygen machine from ABR Imagery, a glass-blowing place in Indiana. It wasn’t cheap, but I figured the covid-shortage wasn’t going to resolve itself soon, so I bit the bullet. I can use it with the Swiss Torch platinum head, though I have the feeling the 15lpm would have been better (it was a lot more expensive). I was able to solder a ~2" cube box out of 20ga brass, and anneal a piece of 8" square 18 ga copper. I’m able to get a broad, hot flame, and it takes less time to warm up than I had heard, and it’s not too loud. So if it works for a while, I’ll be very happy with it.

I have a swiss torch that I currently use with a oxy/propane tank set up and I am looking to get rid of my tanks and switch to an O2 concentrator and disposable propane tank. Are you using your set up with the disposable propane tank or did you have to go with a larger propane set up.
Thank you!

I’m using disposable tanks, and couldn’t be happier with the setup. I have a larger (bbq-sized) tank outside for larger jobs, but the little disposable one does most of what I need.

I have a German version of the Swiss torch abd I use a 5ltr oxycon and disposable tanks of mixed gas (Rothenberger 400) . I find I can melt reasonable quantities of silver, gold and plat no problem. I can also anneal fairly large pieces of work as well. I also use a little torch with the same gases
Robin
In autumnal raining Scotland

Thank you. Im trying to decide between the 5lpm and the 10lpm oxy con but would use with a disposable propane tank. Are you able to melt with the 10lpm and disposable tank or does that require switching to you larger propane tank.

Thanks Robin. I am not familiar with the mixed gas disposable tank! What is the mixed gas?

It’s a bit like mapp gas. It has mostly propane, some butane, some ethane and a bit of acetylene and if burns hotter than just propane. But previously I used it on a propane only refillable tank but now I do moved the insurence don’t like it. This is my set up the fuel gas sits in a bike water bottle carrier. This is with it fitted to the Smith’s little torch.