Suggestions to improve or expand Ganoksin and the Orchid Forum

Hi,

if i am not mistaken…search will search for any words typed in the search bar…

and there is an advanced search option to narrower down the searches as well…

julie

1 Like

I use it all the time and it seems to work well…Rob

1 Like

One small suggestion: I read the summary of forum discussions, and for some reason it’s always in reverse chronological order - the latest entries are at the top and the older ones at the bottom. This is not the way most people read, though, so flipping it would make reading a thread more intelligible. I’ve gotten used to reading it bottom-to-top, but that shouldn’t be necessary.

2 Likes

I would rather have the most recent replies first. I often add an after 01/01/2020 filter to my searches…Rob

1 Like

Adding a “sort” drop down to listed search results would allow one to read in whichever order one prefers. Newest First, Oldest First, Most Popular, Alpha by Author, these are the four criteria that come to mind immediately.

2 Likes

Same! If you tend to check into the forum from the summary emails, it starts you where you left off in general. I just scroll to the bottom and go up, but it would be nice to go the “normal way”.

For what its worth, the first to last or last to first preferences will change,
depending on your aim/goal on the current reading session.
If you want to study a thread, first to last is best, to keep the progress in the thread in mind,
but if you want to keep updated on an ongoing thread the last to first approach gives most sense.
In my eyes anyway.

So the ability to select that focus will be a really nice feature.
I do not know what the software allows in this matter.

Regards Per Ove

2 Likes

I’m just curious, is it Ganoksin or Ganoskin?

2 Likes

Thanks for catching that! It’s Ganoksin.

Jeff

2 Likes

I would love that. I hardly get the opportunity here where i am to meet other jewelry makers etc face to face and always feel like a lone wolf.

I was thinking the same thing. Id love to get to learn from some of our more advamced makers.

1 Like