Stone setting

The Foredom hammer hand piece has a similar adjustment system. I own the Foredom hammer hp. We have the Badeco at work. It’s amazing how much stronger the Badeco is.

Jeff

Hi,

and! having a Lucas lowboy rheostat footpedal is a blessing…very delicate on the low end…very fine control…$69…well worth the price…

https://lucasdentalcompany.com/photos

julie

1 Like

I love the Lucas Lowboy! They are fantastic, especially at low speeds. Unfortunately for me, I’ve broken 2 or 3 of them, so I quit using them. I guess I’ve got a heavy foot.

How has yours lasted Julie? Have you had any problems with it?

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

My 2 Lucas Low Boy footpedals are decades old and still going strong!

I personally just never liked the plastic case Foredom footpedal s that came with my flexshafts…not sensitive enough for me on the low end…

julie

1 Like

I have had two Lucas lowboys for years and they are great…Rob

1 Like

I guess, I’m tough on foot controls! Like I said, I’ve gone through 2-3 Lucas Low Boy’s. I’m not a fan of the plastic Foredom foot control either. I only use metal ones. I think they’re pretty good at low speeds. Maybe not as good as the Lucas foot controls, but pretty good.

One thing that’s interesting & maybe unexpected. About 20 years ago after my last Lucas foot control died, Otto Frei did a test for me between the Foredom metal foot control and the Pepe metal foot control to see which was best at low speeds. We were both surprised that the Pepe foot control was more even at low speeds.

I always say that whatever works for you is the right answer for you. It’s great that you and Rob have been able to make your Lucas foot controls last for many years! I do agree they’re the best foot control that I’ve ever used. I just haven’t been lucky with them.

Cheers!

Jeff

Hi Rob,

i recall this repair service posting on the forum, if you are interested in fixing your broken hammer handpiece…they also sell refurbished handpieces…perhaps the would buy yours…

I had my badeco repaired thru Progress Tools way back in the day…sadly they are no longer in business

Julie

Hi Rob thank you for remembering Charles Stuart Handpiece Repairs in Brooklyn New York. I repair and rebuild most handpieces which are used on the flexible shaft machines. Both rotary and hammer handpieces. In addition I import the BADECO SWISS HAMMERS AS WELL. If you would like to send in your handpiece for a free estimate please send to Charles Stuart 1420 Kings Highway Brooklyn New York 11229 Tel 1917 825 2314 see me at www.jewelershandpiecerepair .com QUANTITY DISCOUNTS ON REPAIRS, I SELL NEW OR RECONDITIONED HANDPIECES ( WITH A FEW SCRATCHES ON THEM ) AT VERY COMPETITIVE PRICES. Please mention you found us on GANOKSIN for an additional discount on repairs Two month warrantee on all repair work.

Thank You

Charles Stuart

3 Likes