I was watching YouTube videos about various melting furnaces (and pouring ingot molds) and saw something in one that I had never seen before (and thankfully had never experienced)...It was quite startling and sobering...the molten silver pour hit the mold and...splattered...exploded...and shot out all over the place!...in the blink of an eye!! (I don't think the operator was injured in this instance...)...there was almost nothing in the mold, so I am assuming it all splattered out!
(I would love to know the proper technique and safety information...all comments welcome)
(this convinced me that I need to get leather gloves and a leather apron at the very least, I think?!)
Since I had never seen this happen before, I thought I would share it here...as an example for why it is important to take proper safety and protection measures when pouring an ingot...!
I would love to hear any recommendations for safety and protection items and measures, that are used by members, when pouring an ingot.
(the splatter occurs around the 6:00 minute mark)