Stainless steel components

Has anyone out there ever tried to find stainless steel components
for tableware- such as cocktail pick ends or spreader knife inserts
for casting into other metals (like pewter)? I am having a heck of a
time trying to figure out what to call this and an even harder time
trying to find anything like it. Any help, as always, is much
appreciated. Happy new year- Lori Bugaj One-Eyed Collie Jewelry Design