Selling Jewelry on Etsy - Should you do it?

Emily,
Thanks for posting your link.
Your pieces look really good, good
design and good craftswomanship!

1 Like

Sure, mine are
https://www.etsy.com/shop/jtopolski and
https://www.instagram.com/topolski_jewelry/

1 Like

Jenny, thank you! Really nice to see how
creativity is expressed through metalwork!

Enjoy
I tend to post in process and design ideas at Instagram. I wait a bit before posting everything to etsy, reserving some designs for shows. Etsy is always a fine tuning, work in progress.
Eileen
eileen webb (@floronjewelry) ā€¢ Instagram photos and videos

Since I do not sell either online or on
social media, I will post some images of my work.
These earrings are sterling with 18kt wires
fused, set with rutilated quartz cabs.
[image2.jpeg]

1 Like

Ahhhh, I had not known though that was written by you, lol.

Have to say I was and am very sad about the decision to kill off the jewelry categories. I have really enjoyed being able to work in that capacity and it has allowed me to grow and learn so much. I will be very sad when that happens for good.

I have an etsy shop too. I do OK, and have a love hate relationship with etsy. I canā€™t justify paying to have my own website where I would have to drive traffic to it all myself. It drives me crazy that you canā€™t contact someone if you have an issue and when I have e-mailed about issues I get a canned response back that didnā€™t actually address my issues. But, I sell jewelry to customers all over the world on Etsy and wouldnā€™t want to give that up either. www.BerniesBaubles.etsy.com

2 Likes

Greetings!

My workshop has an Instagram page,
@loisgore22.
(http://www.instagram.com/loisgore22)

Thank you Richard for the suggestion to share.

Best,
Lois

1 Like

Thank you Lois for sharing your
Instagram images.
I am finding out that there is a wealth
of talent I was not aware of!
Love the high karat gold!

While I havenā€™t done a whole lot with it lately beyond posting finished pieces, I do have a Facebook page that I use to show either completed pieces or works-in-progress as well as the odd bit of diving/underwater related stuff since my focus is pretty much all underwater. . . kind of like my business model to be honest :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Iā€™m hoping to start posting more pictures of pieces being made this year, but just need to get a few irons out of the fire before I start throwing more in.

Erich C. Shoemaker

Thank you Richard.

Best,
Lois

Hi All,
I sell in both a gallery and online in my etsy shop as well. The bulk of my sales come from Etsy or a good show or two. The gallery I am in is in a good location with lots of walk in people, and I am the only jewelry artist in there. I have found that walk-ins are mostly Looky Louā€™s and my top price in there is between 100 and 300. I sell more expensive pieces, 325-475 on Etsy and at shows. The only problem is you never know whether a show is going to be good or not. And a show is tons of work and sitting there all day for several days. So my experiences, even though it is a lot of work to put things online, I sell a lot on Etsy. I have been on Etsy for over 7 years. My target market is more the east coast, California, Texas and the Southwest. People in the Pacific Northwest are more conservative in dress than a lot of other places and my pieces are one of a kind statement pieces.

1 Like